Ren'Py Project AVA 0.2

Mike145

Jul 14, 2018
Don't display more than one language at once.
No one does that and it's for a reason.
Reading and searching for things on the screen will cause more mental fatigue than necessary.
I can see than Ren'py has pretty straight translation feature, just take a look at the docs.

Good luck with the game.

Reactions: <AVA>

<AVA>

Nov 23, 2021
Don't display more than one language at once.
No one does that and it's for a reason.
Reading and searching for things on the screen will cause more mental fatigue than necessary.
I can see than Ren'py has pretty straight translation feature, just take a look at the docs.

Good luck with the game.
At first I wanted to try doing it just for fun, but I did it and it was really fun. If the response is good and I have the money, I might make a separate English-only version. I'm making this game alone, I don't have any assistants, I don't have the money to develop it. If the game is good, there are people. If you support me, I will use the cost to hire someone to translate English specifically. (Thank you for the recommendation)

Mike145

Jul 14, 2018
At first I wanted to try doing it just for fun, but I did it and it was really fun. If the response is good and I have the money, I might make a separate English-only version. I'm making this game alone, I don't have any assistants, I don't have the money to develop it. If the game is good, there are people. If you support me, I will use the cost to hire someone to translate English specifically. (Thank you for the recommendation)
I'm pretty sure you missed my point there. I'm not telling you to translate everything to english, I'm telling you that you should display only one language at once.

Most translation systems have something called fallback language, so you can develop using your native language and set it up as fallback. That way things you translated into english will display as english and any missing english translation will use the fallback language.

It has nothing to do with you doing it alone or you needing money to develop it.

I recommend you to first play some games similiar to the one you want to make and see what works and what sucks.

<AVA>

Nov 23, 2021
I'm pretty sure you missed my point there. I'm not telling you to translate everything to english, I'm telling you that you should display only one language at once.

Most translation systems have something called fallback language, so you can develop using your native language and set it up as fallback. That way things you translated into english will display as english and any missing english translation will use the fallback language.

It has nothing to do with you doing it alone or you needing money to develop it.

I recommend you to first play some games similiar to the one you want to make and see what works and what sucks.
Thank you very much for the advice. At first I thought the game would be released at the end of this month but the translator for me was busy studying. If he stays quiet I will have to find a new English interpreter. I'm secretly very glad that you're interested in my game. I tried to release it as quickly as possible. Thank you very much. (Even now I will release 0.3 for Thai people to play soon. I really want you to try my game as well.)