5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

itthatbetrays

Dec 13, 2018
Ok, I played the game and unlocked all the scenes aside from Viola (I think I too got bugged out from it, I don't have the NPC or whatever that should appear again on the 4th floor after the first bonfire) but I can give my opinions:
>I love H games with actual gameplay. Yes, there is room for polishing the dungeon crawler, but I'm a fan of the misdtery dungeon-esque gameplay.
>I love thicc girls and shortstacks, but I agree there could be more variety. Like I expected Yuu to have big hips and small tits to differentiate her from the others, but all the girls have gigantic boobs.
If you want to keep them all more or less shortstacks for your taste, I would suggest to add variety in the shapes of the tits, nipples and maybe have some ladies with more belly. I've read you want to add some ladies on the flattier side and I think those would fit nicely to balance. Give me a big eyebrows, big bush tomboy with puffy nipples! /s
>Speaking of the girls, I hope even the milf will be romanceable down the line, they look cute and I think having mature ladies with your awesome pixel art could make the game stand out even more.
>As a dating sim I agree there need to be more characterization behind the relationship. I like that you're given the change to be really lewd or play it safe, I think this should influence which girl is more or less inclined to toy with you.
>I'll keep an eye on the game for sure!
Extra question though: Is there a chance to have at least a scene or two involving the monsters?

Gimbaal

Jan 20, 2023
Love the art. Hits a good cute and sexy vibe, and I prefer thick over thin (within reason).

Some small suggestions:
  • Numpad for movement. Most roguelikes use numpad for movement, since it allows for easier diagonal movement. And '5' for skipping a turn. Configurable controls is nice, but can be a pain to implement, so don't worry about that. Just add some options (like numpad 'enter').
  • No preselected choices. Whenever a choice appears in the dialogue, don't have one selected. It's so easy to just hit enter again and skip past. For action commands it doesn't matter, since those are specific to the tile you're on.
  • Presence. I like the system and I find it intuitive. It might be better to rename it to "visibility" or something if the word thrrows people off.
  • Greyed out text log. It's sometimes a bit hard to see what the new text is, so make the previous text a little darker. It's possible to do it twice, so you have a white recent text, slightly darker previous, and even darker for the rest.
  • More feedback. Just small things like showing a small icon if an enemy notices you, hit effects, and other small details help a lot with the feel of the game.
  • Instructions. You already have the guide section in the menu, so adding some short descriptions for base mechanics and key commands will help. I noticed a bunch of people having questions here about that. But most roguelikes also have a lot of hidden mechanics, so don't feel the need to explain everything.
  • Consistent map borders. Minor thing, but some of the maps have what looks like exits at the borders, but it's still just a wall. For the water floors it doesn't matter since they're open, but the cave floors it looks a little weird.
  • Mouse movement. Some like it, and more options is nice. Just basic movement, attack, and interact, depending on what you click on. I do like the mouseover descriptions.
All in all, an enjoyable little game.

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
Love the art. Hits a good cute and sexy vibe, and I prefer thick over thin (within reason).

Some small suggestions:
  • Numpad for movement. Most roguelikes use numpad for movement, since it allows for easier diagonal movement. And '5' for skipping a turn. Configurable controls is nice, but can be a pain to implement, so don't worry about that. Just add some options (like numpad 'enter').
  • No preselected choices. Whenever a choice appears in the dialogue, don't have one selected. It's so easy to just hit enter again and skip past. For action commands it doesn't matter, since those are specific to the tile you're on.
  • Presence. I like the system and I find it intuitive. It might be better to rename it to "visibility" or something if the word thrrows people off.
  • Greyed out text log. It's sometimes a bit hard to see what the new text is, so make the previous text a little darker. It's possible to do it twice, so you have a white recent text, slightly darker previous, and even darker for the rest.
  • More feedback. Just small things like showing a small icon if an enemy notices you, hit effects, and other small details help a lot with the feel of the game.
  • Instructions. You already have the guide section in the menu, so adding some short descriptions for base mechanics and key commands will help. I noticed a bunch of people having questions here about that. But most roguelikes also have a lot of hidden mechanics, so don't feel the need to explain everything.
  • Consistent map borders. Minor thing, but some of the maps have what looks like exits at the borders, but it's still just a wall. For the water floors it doesn't matter since they're open, but the cave floors it looks a little weird.
  • Mouse movement. Some like it, and more options is nice. Just basic movement, attack, and interact, depending on what you click on. I do like the mouseover descriptions.
To add to this, I wish we had hotkeys for spells and/or weapons. It's kind of a pain to open the menu to select what I want to use every time.

ayumu98

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2024
Gameplay is good start and fast paced, and the pixel art is great. However;

-As it's been said many times, the companion AI is so bad it's useless. Right now you might as well just tell them to hide in the corner, or they'll die in seconds.
-There's no progression, no level ups, and no loot drops. There is zero incentive to fight any enemies unless they are in your way.
-Why would the player choose anything but Sword and spam the spin attack non-stop? Fighting enemies one at a time is death as you usually just get mobbed as soon as you step into a room. In theory it seems like you want the player to switch weapons depending on the situation (sword for mobs, spear for water, hammer for tough single targets) but the micromangement isn't worth the trouble when Spin Attack is usually the correct answer.
-For the above reason, potions with niche effects are mostly just for selling as my only concern is living long enough to DPS all the mobs swarming me.
Hi, I appreciate the feedback
I plan to address the companion ai in the next version
I agree w/ you about the spin attack, will think about it (might not get to it in the next version though)

ayumu98

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2024
idk if its the AI in general or just slimes that result in the jankiness I see on floors 4/5 where the companion just get infinite kited by slimes. It was pretty entertaining the first time I saw it though.
Ah interesting. Yeah the companion ai isn't going to handle slimes optimally (targeting the slime w/ the least hp)

Also does the shop keeper stop appearing in the dungeon after doing her quests? She appeared on 3/5/5/5 for her quests then after she was on 2 then 8 then never appeared again for me. Big fan of the gameplay overall and had fun making an big chonk build. Appreciate being able to enhance gear to keep getting stronger.
If you've seen all of Torne's events, she has a 10% chance to appear on a given floor, except when (1) she has been generated already on a previous floor or (2) another character is generated on that floor

ayumu98

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2024
I don't know if this is on the to-do list or anything, but might I suggest adding a tiny delay between key presses while continuing in dialogue/scenes? Currently it's a bit too easy to accidentally hold Enter for a little bit too long and accidentally advance two sections of dialogue at once or make a dialogue choice by accident.
Thanks for the feedback; it seems like a few people are having this issue.

ayumu98

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2024
Ok, I played the game and unlocked all the scenes aside from Viola (I think I too got bugged out from it, I don't have the NPC or whatever that should appear again on the 4th floor after the first bonfire) but I can give my opinions:
After Viola's camp scene and after exiting the dungeon w/ Viola, the next scene is triggered by bringing Viola to the hot spring (looks like a square of shallow water (I plan to change the hot spring sprite)) on B2.

>I love H games with actual gameplay. Yes, there is room for polishing the dungeon crawler, but I'm a fan of the misdtery dungeon-esque gameplay.
>I love thicc girls and shortstacks, but I agree there could be more variety. Like I expected Yuu to have big hips and small tits to differentiate her from the others, but all the girls have gigantic boobs.
If you want to keep them all more or less shortstacks for your taste, I would suggest to add variety in the shapes of the tits, nipples and maybe have some ladies with more belly. I've read you want to add some ladies on the flattier side and I think those would fit nicely to balance. Give me a big eyebrows, big bush tomboy with puffy nipples! /s
>Speaking of the girls, I hope even the milf will be romanceable down the line, they look cute and I think having mature ladies with your awesome pixel art could make the game stand out even more.
>As a dating sim I agree there need to be more characterization behind the relationship. I like that you're given the change to be really lewd or play it safe, I think this should influence which girl is more or less inclined to toy with you.
>I'll keep an eye on the game for sure!
I appreciate the feedback. I'd like all female characters (Pila, Chii, Hilde, etc.) to have sex scenes but it will take time to write all of them.

Extra question though: Is there a chance to have at least a scene or two involving the monsters?
I think this is hard because I intentionally don't characterize the monsters (e.g. no goblin nurseries). I think the main character drinking a temporary monster transformation potion and then having sex could be ok.

Last edited:

ayumu98

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2024
The Settings -> Controls menu has both configurable controls and a numpad preset but your comment made me think that it would be nice if both the arrows and the numpad worked simultaneously by default.

It looks like other people are having issues w/ selecting dialogue options by accident; I'll think about it

I think it's interesting that you like presence; I have mixed feelings about it. I think it works well for the invisible / underwater statuses but I think the trees/reeds are more unintuitive. I agree that visual feedback (e.g. metal gear solid exclamation point) could be helpful. I have also considered highlighting the presence range when your presence has been reduced by trees/reeds). I'll think about it.

Thanks for the valuable feedback!

Last edited:
Reactions: Gimbaal

ayumu98

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2024
To add to this, I wish we had hotkeys for spells and/or weapons. It's kind of a pain to open the menu to select what I want to use every time.
I agree (important for encouraging magic builds), will think about how to implement.

Reactions: misterup

Slayerz

Aug 2, 2017
I agree (important for encouraging magic builds), will think about how to implement.
Maybe an ability bar 1 to 4? Could assign an ability or an item to be used directly when pressed and it'll show the range squares before activating the ability with Enter.

The AOE spin around Halberd was kind of odd to press "A > Down arrow > Down arrow > Enter > Enter" every hit

Reactions: rKnight

Bobveela

Jul 11, 2017
Maybe an ability bar 1 to 4? Could assign an ability or an item to be used directly when pressed and it'll show the range squares before activating the ability with Enter.

The AOE spin around Halberd was kind of odd to press "A > Down arrow > Down arrow > Enter > Enter" every hit
For weapon skills I just had to press S then a direction.

Reactions: Slayerz

Gimbaal

Jan 20, 2023
The Settings -> Controls menu has both configurable controls and a numpad preset but your comment made me think that it would be nice if both the arrows and the numpad worked simultaneously by default.
Ah, I completely missed that. I somehow only saw the sound and display options.

Bobveela

Jul 11, 2017
Did some pretty thorough testing and found a couple of things that would be nice/may need fixed:

A way to enhance armor (enhancement scrolls do not work on them).

AOE attacks can hit allies (unsure if intentional?) Can use this to kill Seri which is kinda funny. Seri does respawn thankfully. Can also use this to kill the villagers. This includes Hilde which hard locks you if done at night. Given if you do this you probably deserve it unless you accidentally one shot somehow.

ayumu98

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2024
Long term I think an abilities bar is a good idea (it can show remaining charges, etc.) and probably mandatory for when I add mouse/tablet controls.

For now I think I'm going to add a menu similar to the equip menu where you can register abilities to keys (e.g. top row numbers). And perhaps have new abilities (e.g. tome abilities) auto-register to the next "open slot"

Reactions: Slayerz

ayumu98

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2024
A way to enhance armor (enhancement scrolls do not work on them).
Ah, this is a bug; thanks for finding this

AOE attacks can hit allies (unsure if intentional?)
Originally intentional (companion ai discourages using spin attack when it would hit allies/civilians) but on the fence about this design choice. Also I'd like for civilians to become hostile when attacked but that's a low priority for me

Hilde which hard locks you if done at night. Given if you do this you probably deserve it unless you accidentally one shot somehow.
The inn has an invisible pressure plate which grants the ability to talk to Hilde even if she dies. I did notice that you have to take a step to activate the pressure plate, though.

2024-09-06T09:44:22.932958.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Bobveela
5.00 star(s) 4 Votes