Tool Others F95Checker [WillyJL]

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
Latest beta I think? It says File 10.2.0.0 and clicking on the Download button shows that as Latest. Which, hmm, thought the latest version was supposed to have Tabs which I don't think I have. But I am real stupid about this stuff.
I figured as much, 10.2 is the 'release' version. It doesn't have any of the features mentioned on the last few pages of this thread.
Most notably, it has a bug that resulted in what you noticed, not all of your bookmarks getting imported.

Sadly the latest beta release on github (which has a fix for the importing bookmarks, AND the new tabs feature) is expired so we need WillyJL to refresh the last build or put up a new one.

So for the week or two i have problem with program i get
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\modules\parser.py", line 307, in thread
File "C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.11.2\x64\Lib\enum.py", line 795, in __getitem__
KeyError: 'asset-daz-gen8'
Arghhh, new tag got added... guessing you're on 10.2 too?

Reactions: zucite

zucite

May 22, 2019
I figured as much, 10.2 is the 'release' version. It doesn't have any of the features mentioned on the last few pages of this thread.
Most notably, it has a bug that resulted in what you noticed, not all of your bookmarks getting imported.

Sadly the latest beta release on github (which has a fix for the importing bookmarks, AND the new tabs feature) is expired so we need WillyJL to refresh the last build or put up a new one.

Ahh that explains a lot, I'll just hold off on messing with it until the next update then. Thanks for the clarification!

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020

FYI - I have 11.0 beta 1166 from GitHub and I have tabs. Edit: And, it works pretty well. Plus it provided a solution to another couple issues I was having. Don't remember what they were it was so long ago.

Reactions: zucite

TribalJOB

Jun 5, 2020
Hi WillyJL .
I encountered a problem with the MacOS version of F95Checker.
I'm running MacOS Sonoma 14.6.1 on apple silicon (M2 / arm64)
I'm unable to open it via the ".app" file, the app seems to start but the process ends a few seconds later.
I tried to launch the debugger via the terminal but it does not give any feedback either in the terminal or in the logs :unsure:.

I found a workaround by directly launching the script "F95Checker" from the "F95Checker.app/Contents/MacOS" folder in a terminal.
I was even able to import the SQLite database from my Linux Mint PC without any problems.

I am also using Asahi Linux on this MacBook (sort of a port of Fedora Linux on apple silicon), but since the Linux version you provide does not have the libraries for the arm64 architecture (aarch64 if I am not mistaken), F95Checker does not work on this distribution.
This is not really a problem given how few people use Asahi Linux, but if you are interested and if my skills allow it, I would be happy to help you build a version for this architecture.

Anyway, thanks for your work on this program (y):).

fgc1411

Oct 23, 2019
Does anyone happen to have a link to the latest greentick #1166 build? As previously mentioned it looks like the Artifact links are expired!

shadosgt

Dec 8, 2018
FYI - I have 11.0 beta 1166 from GitHub and I have tabs. Edit: And, it works pretty well. Plus it provided a solution to another couple issues I was having. Don't remember what they were it was so long ago.
Would you be able to upload the 11.0 beta version? It would be appreciated.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
i have been neglecting this thread due to being busy with other things. thats probably not gonna change anytime soon as uni is starting again soon, but i will try to read up on what i missed in a bit.
i want to atleast get a release out finally, it would be great to get some feedback on this build:
linux on x11 seems to be working fine here, and windows and macos builds look fine but i cant test them. also would be nice to hear the status for linux wayland on this build, i included qt wayland plugins which should help.

Jarulf

Formerly 'AbsolutelyNotJarulf'
Aug 9, 2020
linux on x11 seems to be working fine here, and windows and macos builds look fine but i cant test them. also would be nice to hear the status for linux wayland on this build, i included qt wayland plugins which should help.
I'm on Ubuntu 24.04. The window looks correct this time, with a title bar and maximize and minimize buttons. However, I can't interact with anything except the title bar. Clicking on something doesn't do anything. I don't get a log file, but this is the terminal output.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: WillyJL

batblue

Sep 6, 2021
i have been neglecting this thread due to being busy with other things. thats probably not gonna change anytime soon as uni is starting again soon, but i will try to read up on what i missed in a bit.
i want to atleast get a release out finally, it would be great to get some feedback on this build:
Can confirm that this build seems to be working fine on macOS.

• Yay, new update!

TribalJOB

Jun 5, 2020
Hi WillyJL,

As you might expect, the latest build works perfectly on Linux Mint (X11).

I still have the same problem on Mac, I have to launch F95Checker via a terminal. That said, I think it's a problem that only I encounter since it seems to work without problem for batblue on his Mac.

Does not work on Linux ARM64 (missing aarch64 libraries?).

Using VirtualBox, I tested on Fedora40 Gnome & Fedora40 KDE (X servers are Wayland for both), neither works.
Here is the terminal output :

I can't test on windows, I don't have it on any of my machines and I prefer to avoid setting up a VM just for that :rolleyes:.

Good Luck with your studies :).

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
thanks Jarulf TribalJOB . in hindsight, the extra qt plugins for wayland would only help with parts of the app that use qt, which is to say only web browser windows and the tray icon. glfw and opengl are used for the main window, so that will need some extra work it looks like. i did bump the glfw version which is maybe why you now get better window decorations, not sure on the other stuff. ill install in a vm and try to see whats up, if i cant figure it out like that i will use the workaround that was suggested on github: and add a check in code itself to apply it when wayland is detected

Reactions: Jarulf

rentalunshipped982

Mar 23, 2023
Seems to run great in general on Windows 11. One thing I noticed though is that Being a DIK is showing (0) reviews which messes up its weighted rating. Not sure if you want me to report that here or in Github but thought I should mention.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
TribalJOB did you try moving the .app bundle to /Applications ? i remember something weird like this, if launched as .app the process does not get stdout and stderr, in terminal it does, and as .app from /Application it also does get them for some reason. i thought i made it work even if stdoutand stderr are missing but maybe i am mistaken

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Seems to run great in general on Windows 11. One thing I noticed though is that Being a DIK is showing (0) reviews which messes up its weighted rating. Not sure if you want me to report that here or in Github but thought I should mention.
good catch, forum shows it as 1,553 and i had not accounted for , in the number.
its still a chicken and egg problem, parsing human readable content with a deterministic script... i noticed there is a spec JSON blob at the end of the html with name, description and rating info, which would be machine readable, but again cant know if it will stay forever. still, all other attributes (except ones from the actual post content) use either class names or html structure which is still somewhat machine readable, while this relied on parsing human readable text, so using this JSON might be better for now, also avoids issues if xenforo translates the "Reviews (1,553)" text if you choose a different forum language.

batblue

Sep 6, 2021
I still have the same problem on Mac, I have to launch F95Checker via a terminal. That said, I think it's a problem that only I encounter since it seems to work without problem for batblue on his Mac.
Not sure if it's helpful, but there are a couple of quirks to it on my system which I'm so used to that I didn't think to post about them.

First is that, like a lot of software, I have to mark the app as unquarantined the first time I download it, like:
Code:
sudo xattr -cr /Applications/F95Checker.app
Also, the first time I run each new version of the .app, it takes a really long time to start up. Like 5-10 minutes of bouncing in the dock. Sometimes getting in Activity Manager or the terminal and killing the processes, and then running again, helps. No idea what that's about since it doesn't do that if I run it from the terminal.

Neither one is a big deal, but the second one might make it seem like the .app build isn't working now that I think about it.

• Thinking Face
5.00 star(s) 21 Votes